Thursday, July 17, 2014

From Neal Wietgrefe

Jaye Meshi!

Today prayers have been answered with Erica and I being released from the hospital. Erica had not been feeling well for several days but kept going with us.  I am very proud of her as I know it was not easy for.  With Erica not feeling well and being tired myself Pastor Todd's devotions and prayers were a great blessing to me emotionally and spiritually.   Also this passage gives comfort.

Philippians 4:6 (NIV)...Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

When we returned to Kathmandu on Monday evening I was tired but feeling fine.  Tuesday morning I started to not feel well so I stayed back with Erica as the others left to see the historical part of Kathmandu.  I could hardly get up enough strength to wash my cloths by late afternoon and by evening while walking from Erica's room to my room I passed out.  That is when we decided it was time to see a doctor.  Apparently it was something I ate and maybe a bit my age.  At the hospital they took very good care of us and Bishal was a great blessing staying with and helping Erica and me.  

This morning after a good night sleep I woke up feeling great. Dhanyabad (Thank you in Nepalese) for all prayers.

With the other teams out teaching it is quiet back here at the hotel giving me time to reflect what this trip has meant to me.  Being from a small congregation, other than family, I do not often have the opportunity to spend multiple days with other like faith Christians.  To be able to teach, worship, and learn from others has been and will continue to be a great blessing to me.

Joshua 1:9 (NIV)...Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Jaye Meshi!


No comments: