Thursday, July 17, 2014

Health Update from Erica

Hello everyone!

I'm very happy because today my dad and I got out of the hospital. We both were admitted and stayed there two nights. That diarrhea and dehydration really gets to a person. We are feeling much better though and hope to be able to participate in the rest of the activities for our time here. Bishal came to the hospital and stayed with us. He took very good care of us both and helped things run smoothly with language barriers. Almost all the staff that I met spoke English very well though. I just sat in bed and watched tv all day yesterday. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that there was a needle in my hand for two and a half days. It wasn't horrible, just a little uncomfortable. I got I don't know how many bottles of fluids pumped into me! Also I had my first ultrasound (to look for any infection or parasite, etc) ever today and got some pictures to bring home. Now we are back in the Norwegian house and it's starting to feel like home here a little bit. 

Proverbs 17:22 says that,"A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones." 

So, I tried to keep a positive attitude even though I was sick and it really did help.Another bible verse I found encouraging at this point was James 5:15 "and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him."

It was good to know that I have many people who care about me and are praying for me as my health is recovering. But it's even better to know that my sins are forgiven, because if something like this were to end in death, I would be going to a much better place so I don't have to be afraid and I have hope for my eternity in heaven!

That's all for now because I'm going to take a nap! 

Love,
Erica 

P.S. - just want to say thanks again for any and all prayers and for Bishal staying at the hospital with us.

No comments: